Tinting equipment for distribution centers
Dromont Prima ET is an innovative solution that includes both bases and colorants dispensing into empty cans. This incorporates a complete handling process that includes an automatic conveyor line, dispensing, and – on request – a lidding, robotic mixing and palletizing of the finished products.
Differently from other tinting machines, base paints are not stored inside the machine but in external tanks. They are therefore externally pumped into an empty can and metered by an electronic scale.
Simultaneous dispensing of colorants and sequential weight dispensing of the external base components allow industrial scale productivity into empty pails. Repeatability and accuracy are granting the highest color fidelity and reproducibility.
|Prima ET 12||12||1000||790||1200||9x6 lt and 3x10 lt|
|Prima ET 16||16||1180||790||1200||12x6 lt and 4x10 lt|
|Prima ET 18||18||1670||790||1200||6x6 lt and 6x10 lt and 6x15|
|Prima ET 24||24||1670||790||1200||18x6 lt and 6x10 lt|
|Prima ET 32||32||1970||790||1200||24x6 lt and 8x10 lt|
|Prima 12||12||1000||790||1200||9x6 lt and 3x10 lt|
|Prima 16||16||1180||790||1200||12x6 lt and 4x10 lt|
|Prima 18||18||1670||790||1200||6x6 lt and 6x10 lt and 6x15|
|Prima 24||24||1670||790||1200||18x6 lt and 6x10 lt|
|Prima 32||32||1970||790||1200||24x6 lt and 8x10 lt|
- Stainless steel Piston pumps: Do not alter the chemical-mechanical characteristics of the colorants (differently from gear pumps)
- The pump can be easily replaced by Customer in 77” only
- Do not need re-calibrations after replacement: plug and go!
- Have reliable performance also with “difficult” colorants
- Have much lower wear than gear pumps and do not alter colorant rheology.
- Thanks to the complete recirculation, from the canister through the valve and back to the canister, the colorants are always homogenized
- High effective stirrers (able to scrape the sides and the bottom of the canisters) avoid sedimentation
- All the electric boards are protected (with a plastic sealed panel) from splashes of colorants
- Excellent ergonomics : height of 1.200 mm, easy to refill and to check at a glance: re-filling is no more an uncomfortable activity
- Easy access to the autocap for maintenance and nozzles check
- Easy maintenance : all the side panels can be quickly removed (two screws only!) for smooth access to every part of the machine
- In case of multiple purchases, the colorants parameters can be set on the first dispenser and then copied onto all following dispensers, prior to shipping
- The software interface available for all Spectrophotometers.
Prima ET provides 1/768 fl. oz. colorant accuracy and 1g precision for base paints with weight tracking to assure a total quality warranty to your professional customers.
This dispenser provides for exceptional long lasting pump life and lowers wear when compared to traditional dispensing systems, due to its special stainless steel piston pumps for colorants and membrane pumps for bases.
Dromont does not use gear pumps in order to avoid heavy spare part costs and complicated maintenance operations and frequent recalibration. Ergonomy is essential when tinting into small and large pails at a very comfortable operating height of 300mm from floor level and when refilling the canisters at only 1100 mm height. Solid and rough construction with stainless steel external piping and agitated storage tanks grant automatic capping system with moisturizing device minimize drying when using both solvent and water based VOC free colorants. A unique emergency display provides messages, information on dispenser status, lifting shelf operations and an additional safety back-up for allowing dispensing operations in case of PC failure.
Colorant dispensing features
- Simultaneous dispensing: all the colorants are dispensed at the same time
- Stainless steel piston pump (120ml/stroke) easy to be replaced by non-expert operator
- Canisters made of POM polymer material (*) – Stainless steel optional
- Each canister has an independent motorized agitator
- Stirring and re-circulation programmable cycles
- Each circuit is fully recirculated through the valve back to the canister to avoid sedimentation
- Automatic closure of the nozzle head with humidifying sponge to avoid drying-out
- Minicomputer with front panel: it allows the use of the equipment also when the PC is not working
- Flow rate (per circuit): 0.5 Lt./min. (**)
- Accuracy: +/- 1% – min. 1/768 fl. oz.
- Ergonomic: frontal protruding dispensing point and low refilling height
- Electric can table, with safety photocell for automatic detection of the can
- Side trays/roller conveyors for comfortable loading and unloading of the pails
- Dispensing head max diameter: 40 mm
- Electric central shelf, with safety photocell for automatic detection of the can
(*) please verify compatibility with POM (IUPITAL F25-03) material and your colorants
(**) depending on colorant rheology
Bases/converters dispensing features
Prima ET can be equipped with external tanks, in addition to the internal canisters.
It allows the dispensing of Bases and Colorants in one operation (no pre-filled cans) and avoids having a large inventory of pre-filled cans; just a few drums connected to the dispenser will allow the dispensing of the bases directly into the pails.
High productivity, flexibility and accuracy can be achieved by combining:
- dispensing by weight from the external tanks for bases
- dispensing by volume from the internal circuits for colorants.
The external module for the bases can be equipped with:
- Stainless steel tanks of various capacities (25 l to 1000 l) and related lids and inspection grid with connections for the piping
- Stainless steel piping for delivery and recirculation
- Agitators to avoid sedimentation inside the storage tanks
- Diaphragm pneumatic pumps
- Dromont ½” valves for dispensing
- Refilling of the storage tanks is carried out very easily using the same pump used for dispensing (no more manual refilling with physical efforts)
- Sequential gravimetric dispensing with a scale
- Max number of external circuits: 8
- Dispensing head max. diameter: 65 mm
Dromont In-House Software Department consists of internal programming engineers working on updating our software platform to the latest innovations as well as integrating our machines into the customer’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. This department is capable of customizing the software interface to the customer’s exact needs, testing the software prior to installation, and programming the software to communicate with the customer’s systems.
Thanks to the new DromontApp it is also possible to remotely monitor in real time machine status and performances. It allows operators, service technicians and service companies to collect data and show messages for a predictive maintenance support; guiding customers to quickly identofy the origin of a downtime and immediately return in operation.
Data collected are mainly calibration data, counters, canisters colorants level, alarms history, configuration settings, dispensing and purges.